Sunday, 13 February 2011

Clown around...

On tuesday I decided to go an a little adventure to a part of the city I have never really ventured to with Nate; Clown Around in Restalrig is a soft play place with trampolines and the likes. I am usually very weary of such venues due to them always being busy, always making Nate catch a bloody cold and always being far, far away in some obscure industrial estate.
None of these things applied today. I got there easily on the bus and Nate only had to share the 0-3 year old section with a few other children and so far no ill - triple bonus!
Here he is.
It was a good laugh. He was a bit weary of the highest point as he could not figure out how to get through the rollers to the slide but it did not concern him too much as I was at hand to life him to the top so he could wiggle himself down.
Twin boys later arrived who must have been around 3 and poor Nate, bless him, tried to be friends with them and follow them around but they just were not interested in a tiny excited boy chasing them and instead of opted to throw balls at a little girl who must have been 18 months old and had the most horrendous pink tracksuit on with massive gold hoop earrings in her ears. Vile things and very clearly her mothers, who would/could do that to a tiny child?! That tragedy aside, Nate just wanted to make friends but was duly ignored, poor little sod. he was chuffed when a couple of other little ones around his age arrived. He went straight to shaking their hands and saying hello. I must add that actually saying hello is a new thing for him, up until about three days ago he said ‘HO!’ and very rarely did so at anything other than the phone when no-one was there so this was a nice step forward. It amuses me that he has been shaking hands with people as a greeting for much longer than vocalising it in a less formal method. Unfortunately these were another bunch of anti-socials. Toddlers are the worst for having cliques, I’ve decided and again Nate was left to play alone while the kids more familiar with each other did their own thing.
It got to that stage where he was bored of talking at other kids to no avail and decided to find another thing to do, this meant him venturing to the 4-10 year old area and trying to escape my watchful eyes into the parent free zone. I knew then that it was time to leave. I know him well enough that once he starts getting up to mischief it is time to call it a day he is maybe tired, or hungry or restless…or all of these things.
A good time was had and he has been in a fantastic mood all day. I shall return soon.
Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment