Hello, it has been a while. As always life had got in my way but I am back to announce that Nate is TWO. He is officially the age where he is fully allowed to be terrible, troublesome, turbulent and tantrum throwing - he had been getting plenty of practice in so no doubt he will be a seasoned pro in no time.
This week, his Nana, Gramps and cousin Mylo came to stay and it was lovely. We had not seen any of them since last summer - June I think - so Nate has changed dramatically since then. Of course they see pictures and videos on Facebook but it is not quite the same. Nathaniel was mostly good and poor Mylo did a good job of putting up with him. Mylo is coming up to 5 this Summer and the age gap is sometimes seemed like a tremendous gulf between them. Of course, Nathaniel adored him but has not quite had enough exposure to other kids on his home turf to get the whole sharing his own toys thing,. Take home out of the equation, however, and it was perfect. They held hands and chased each other and it was great fun to watch them together. Mylo was an absolute Gem for the entire visit, he is such a lovely boy, I felt a bit guilty sometimes as he must have been a bit bored, I don't know how to deal with children who are not Nathaniel or at the very least Nathaniel's age. I have no experience with them whatsoever but it seemed to go fine. It is always nice to see the in-laws (really!) and Nate adores them.
Nate was spoiled for his birthday, of course. Thankfully not overwhelmed by the (badly) enforced restriction of one gift from anyone however most got around that by buying one gift that had many parts ( I am looking at you, Mum with your Thomas die-cast train case and a bag full of the individual trains - CHEAT) but all in all he got a damn good haul. Steph, who Nate continuously tells me he loves and her Mum Penny, bought him some dress-up outfits; Buzz, Woody and Spider-Man and he has been wearing them since.
Today we went to Lauriston Castle and made a ladybird friend.
And in much more exciting news, Nate overheard someone (me) saying 'fuck's sake' the other day and insists on repeating it every so often.
Also - Hooray. I got a gaming blog set up on my works magazine and apparently it is turning into quite the cult success. I need to re-play Killzone 3 so I can remember what I thought about it - now I have people actually reading what I write I best make it good.
LLAP
No comments:
Post a Comment